October 23, 2011

Groove Kid Nation "Music in Motion" Children's Music CD Review

Music has proven to be an essential part of caring for babies and toddlers because they respond to it in such a positive manner.  Last week I was given the opportunity to review Groove Kid Nation "Music in Motion" Children's Music CD, which is geared toward toddlers. When I popped in the CD my daughter got her groove on and she started dancing around.  At almost 16 months old she knows what she likes. This is one CD I can play over and over and she immediately gets up from what she's doing to dance.

This CD is very educational because the Kool Katz characters teach kids basic music giving them instructions to move a certain way with musical games in mind.  (i.e. Fast and Slow) when the music is played slow on the flute kids are instructed to lie down. When music is played fast on the flute kids are instructed to get up and run around, and when the music stops playing kids are instructed to stop where they are. 

My daughter cannot  pronounce the words and she does not know the meaning of the words yet. However, in time I believe this CD will encourage her to try to repeat words so she can learn to participate with the basic instructions in the lyrics.

I recommend Groove Kid Nation Kool Katz Music in Motion. These kid's songs are original but, with a groovy twist.  Groove Kid Nation has resources for parents to introduce their toddlers to the sound of real musical instruments through CD's, videos, articles, and more. Along with the CD was an enclosed 10-page booklet, which features colorful illustrations of each Kool Kat playing their own instrument.


Ten percent of the wholesale price of Music in Motion will be donated to "CARE", a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty. 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: