October 24, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam Review

Recently I was given the chance to try Skillet Bacon Jam and form an opinion about it. Skillet Bacon Jam is a spreadable condiment, and you can spread this on crackers or anything you would like. 


Product Description - From the Makers of Skillet Bacon Jam:
What is skillet bacon jam?

We make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam. you say what? that's right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices. It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet...basically spreadable bacony goodness! USDA approved.

We are big fans of bacon but the Skillet Bacon Jam was not what what my family expected when we tasted it.  This product may be appreciated by some people but it was not for us. I was shocked that my husband didn't like it because he loves anything that has to do with bacon. We decided the only way to describe the after taste is- bacon drippings that have been saved in a can and not refrigerated (not that we would know what that tastes like). I could also taste a lot of the balsamic. I did not find the product to be slightly sweet as per the description, I found it to be a bit tangy and bitter though. We only took a little taste earlier today, so this evening I decided to give it another try on a cracker and I still did not like it.  I was also a bit surprised that this product didn't come with a cold pack to maintain a temperature. I guess I thought bacon had to be refrigerated even after cooked or rendered down? They do make other products and I would rather try the pumpkin sauce that sounds really good.


Although we did not like the taste of the product others may like it.  What I would recommend is trying it for yourself to decide if it is right for you or your families taste buds.

Skillet goodies are available and vary in price, and can be shipped to the U.S. and Canada.

  • Original Skillet Bacon Jam (available in 1 or 3 paks
  • Skillet Fennel & Black Pepper Bacon Spread (available in 1 or 3 packs
  • Skillet Pumpkin Sauce
Email Skillet Bacon Jam  or Visit their website skilletbaconjam.com 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Angela Harsted said...

I've had this stuff before and it's nasty. I wouldn't waste my money on it again.