March 1, 2012

80 Bites Diet Review *Week 1*

I've never paid attention to how many bites I've actually eaten each day. Have you? Did you know that 80 bites is the ideal amount of bites you should be eating on a daily basis? Who would have ever thought to count bites? Anytime I started my diets in the past I had either counted calories or counted fat grams and I've never known of any other way. The diets didn't work and out of frustration I would stop dieting. So when I was given the opportunity to review this new diet called the 80 Bites Diet I said yes because right away it sounded simple.


The 80 Bites Diet will teach me how to change my habits into good habits in just 21 days. I'll also repair my digestive system in just 3 months with the help of this program. The 80Bites program is 12 weeks long and it has been divided into 4 sections and each section is 3 weeks long. I'll be learning about quantity, frequency, quality as well as balance which will be the keys to losing weight and keeping it off. 

Each week I will learn a new concept to help me with the program. The program doesn't allow me to look ahead to see what's next because each week I will spend the full 7 days learning and implementing the concepts.

Week 1 What did I learn?

I learned how to keep track and record how many bites I'm really eating everyday. There is an app for this and it's available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. I am not fortunate enough to own one of these devices, but there is an easy alternative to counting bites that the 80 bites program shared with me. I am going to have my husband download the app on his Android so that I can see exactly how it works so that I can share my experience with you. I didn't make any drastic changes during the week I simply ate what I am used to and kept track of my bites. 

Week 1 Results

Now I'm going to share with you how many bites I really ate during a typical day. My average is I'm eating between 100-110 bites a day. One day it was low, it was 57 because I just wasn't hungry and I had a small supper. These numbers aren't to far off from 80 so I think I'm doing really well, but the only concern I have is I didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Yikes!

My biggest problem is I'm not eating breakfast or lunch, so by the time supper rolls around I'm starving and that's where I'm sure I'm over eating and it's probably considered gorging at times. With this program I'm hoping to learn about how big each bite is supposed to be since  ideally I'm supposed to be eating 80 bites per day. I am also curious as to how many bites I should be eating per meal and do liquids actually count. Obviously there's only 5 bites to spare if I were to eat 25 bites per meal. So what about snacks should I be eating them? Am I going to have to give up all of my favorite foods on this diet? Only time will tell since I have to wait to unlock the secrets to my successful weight loss. 

If you would like to learn more about the 80 Bites Diet you can visit their website. If you decide to purchase the diet remember you'll get a 20% off discount by using the code "DOLLARS" when you check out. This code is good from now until April 8th. You can also follow me each week on my journey to see how I'm doing. Become a fan and "Like" 80 Bites on Facebook.



"Disclosure: I received the 80 Bites Diet for free in order to try the program to form an opinion for this review. I was not compensated in any other manner. The opinions expressed above are my own and any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site"

No comments: