August 15, 2012

Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop Review

My entire house is full of vinyl flooring and I love it very much, even better than carpet because when it's clean it's as sanitary as you can get. When I clean my vinyl floors I don't use a traditional mop and bucket as a matter of fact I haven't used those in several years. I didn't like using mops that I had to keep buying disposable pads and solution for because it became very expensive. Cleaning with the Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop is an ideal, and convenient way to keep my house clean and with all the features and the fact that it cleans really well I'm sure you'll fall in love with it just like I did. 


With three kids and three dogs you can image the dirt and grime that builds up on a floor very quickly.  The Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop is perfect for all hard floors including laminate, tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, vinyl, sealed stone and many other floor types. 

                 Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop Features:

  • TwinTank Technology – Allows users to keep the 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control; Disinfect with steam alone or clean with Hoover SteamPlus cleaning solution.
  • 30-Foot Power Cord – Consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging.
  • Disinfects & Kills or Removes greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria with steam alone including MRSA, Staph, and Salmonella.
  • Solution Control Dial – Users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
  • Triangular Swivel Mop Head – The mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards.
  • Carpet Glider – Refresh your rugs and carpet.
  • Removable Tanks – For easy filling and emptying convenience.
  • Cord Release – Features a rotating quick release.
  • “Steam Ready” Indicator LED – Alerts users when steamer is heated and ready for use.
  • Out Cleans other steam mops – CE testing to prove Hoover out cleans other leading steam mops when using the proprietary Hoover SteamPlus cleaning solution.

The mop itself has a very nice sleek modern design and it's a pretty turquoise blue color. Putting together the Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop was a snap - literally. I thought it might be complicated to put it together so I handed the unopened box to my husband, but much to my surprise I could have put it together myself with a simple snap of the handle and putting the pad on and filling the tanks with water and solution.  Since I was excited to get started mopping right away I told my husband to kick up his feet and clear the area because mommas gonna mop! 



To get started I simply pushed the button to turn it on and waited for just a few seconds for the LED indicator to light up so that I could start mopping. I also adjusted the dial so that I could control the amount of solution I would be using. The dial has settings which are steam only, general clean, spot clean or remove tough stains these are great options to have when cleaning as one area might be dirtier than another. 

The mop comes with two multi-surface pads and one hard floor pad. These are high quality super-absorbent pads and they are made of durable material so they will not scratch your floors. The pads are easy to attach and remove and whats great is that they are washable.  I prefer to have one pad for my bathrooms and one for the rest of the house so the extra multi-surface pad did come in really handy.  I did try the hard floor pad and the nice thing about this pad is that it does allow more steam and solution to come out onto the floor.


 As I was mopping I noticed how easily the Hoover Steam Mop glides and swivels on the floor, and it got into the corners really well.  I also noticed that it's quiet it's, so there's no interrupting those taking a nap on the couch or watching TV. The pad did not roll up under the mop like my other mop does so I was very happy with that because it did stay flat and in place the entire time. When I used the solution in my kitchen I was able to get the yellow haze off of the floor which I had tried to get off with different mops as well as my other steam mop and other solutions. I was extremely surprised and really happy that the hazy yellow film finally came off of the floor which I had been covering up with a long rug because it was all in front of my kitchen sink and cabinets. Between the mop and the solution it totally did the trick.




I do like that the mop comes with a cooling tray it's so easy to use and store the mop. You simply set the mop onto the cooling tray so it protects your floors and store it in a closet or in an area out of the way because it doesn't take up much space at all. If you are in an extra small house, apartment or dorm room then you could use the cooling tray until the steam mop cools off and then you could use the handle to hang it on a sturdy hook this way it's up and out of the way and won't take any floor room. The carpet glider for the rugs and carpet is a great tool to have because you can use the steam mop to freshen the carpet and rugs whenever you want without getting a big heavy and bulky steam cleaner. It was very easy to freshen my rugs and it didn't take long at all.



I have two favorite features, and one is the twin tanks. You can use water in one tank and solution in the other tank it's something I've always wanted in a mop. I also like the long cord it was a longer cord than my vacuum cleaner and since my house is all vinyl the long cord saved me time from running around trying to find a free outlet. The only problems I had was that my floor was a little sticky and I believe that is my fault because after I adjusted the dial for the solution control and went back over the area it was no longer sticky, so it must have been caused from using to much solution. The steam mop is a bit heavier than I thought it would be but it is built very well and is not flimsy in any way.

Hoover is a brand that my family loves and trusts. If you are looking for a great looking mop that out cleans other mops and has all the features you could possibly want then I highly recommend that you get the Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop.


Disclosure: “I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Pawan Yadav said...

Well, you can check this review page http://21streviews.com/steamfast-sf-370-multi-purpose-steam-cleaner/, it will be much helpful here.