September 27, 2012

CollageIt Review

I've always got my camera nearby so I'm always snapping pictures of my family and friends. When I have time I like to try to figure out a way to put my photos together, and recently I was given the opportunity to review a free program that you allows you to create stylish digital collages.  CollageIt is available on Mac OS X & Windows and it's easy to set up and simple to use even if you're not computer savvy because it comes with a well put together tutorial.


Once the CollageIt software has been downloaded and set up you simply choose a collage template and there are various pre-designed templates that are included with the program. Once you've chosen your template you simply add the photos that you want to use for your collage.  You can even set your page size and collage background. I chose pink because I did a collage with photos of my daughter which included the day she was born and her first and second birthday. You can add frames and shadows for decoration too and you can crop your photos while you're using the program for a perfect fit.  You can also generate different kinds of collage layouts in just a few seconds. 



I love that the collages can be saved as a JPEG, PNG, PDF, or PSD or other images . This allows you to send it to family via email, set it as your desktop wallpaper or share it on Flickr and Facebook and you can also print it out. 

If you are looking for a free program to create picture collages of all sizes, with various templates then you should check out CollageIt. You can also purchase CollageIt Pro for under $20.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: