December 19, 2012

Wordless Wednesday 12/19 - Pregnant after Tubal Ligation 29 months ago


I had a tubal ligation - cut, tied and burned and I just found out I am pregnant. I am 6 weeks 5 days as of today! The doctor said that occasionally you can become pregnant after a tubal because the tubes can heal and grow back or can find a new path. After a stressed weekend from 3 positive pregnancy tests and calling the doctor and not knowing how things are for sure., I was lucky to be able to get in on Monday. They did blood tests and an ultrasound and out of all her patients she's only had 1 viable pregnancy where the patient delivered the baby. Most pregnancies are ectopic after a tubal but mine is in the uterus and all is good. This is the greatest Christmas gift of all. I go to the hematologist tomorrow to start Lovenox shots. I will keep you updated throughout my pregnancy.




8 comments:

Crafty Zoo said...

That is such an amazing blessing! I am so very happy for you!

Paula L. said...

Wow! Congratulations and Merry Christmas :)

Allyson Bossie said...

Congrats! My ob told me when he did my tubal that he wasn't going to burn the tubes because there is a higher chance of getting pregnant if you do. Idk if he is right, but I had already been pregnant five times and I definitely don't want more :D GL with the new baby!

SnowflakeDay (Audra) said...

WOW! Congratulations!!! :-)

Tami Valentine said...

OMG! I'm so happy for you!!! How many does this make? I know you have a cutie daughter but do you have more? Life as you know it will no longer be...but happier.
Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your story. I'll surely be watching for updates. :)

Jeni Mitchell said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Debras Dollars said...

This will be my 4th. I have 2 boys, 14 and 12 and my daughter is 29 months. Thank you all very much it is truly another one of Gods miracles and blessings. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas to you all!

hayda said...

That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.Im wishing you to carry on with ur achivments.All the best. chat Mirc indir Sohbet Siteleri chat sohbet chat odalari